Theatrical Teaching Workshop Series
Professional Development Workshops for Teachers | Professional Growth Points Available!
Cardinal Stage’s Theatrical Teaching workshop series returns on November 13, 2021. The theme for this installment is Empathy and Resilience, which are both key elements of Social and Emotional development. Presenters will share fun and engaging theatre-based activities designed to help students exercise empathy and build resilience. Participating teachers will be eligible for Professional Growth Points.
Students have endured a lot of hardship and change over the past 18 months – from learning to adapt to life on Zoom to the fear of returning to classrooms without the protection of a vaccine. This workshop will focus on low-stakes ways that teachers can help build the skills that students need to navigate today’s world, both inside and outside the classroom.
The Theatrical Teaching series features online workshops for primary and secondary school educators from all disciplines. Participants will learn activities that will excite, engage and motivate students. The process of sharing the stage, listening to other group members and adding to the collective outcome is critical to a healthy learning environment. Join with fellow educators in a fun, high energy session that will inform and engage. You will come away with great ideas that you can share with your students right away.
Empathy & Resilience Workshop: Saturday, November 13 10:30am – 12:00pm (EST).
Price: Suggested donation of $5-$10 to cover speaker fees
Online registration is now closed. For last minute registrations, please email [email protected].
- Jenni Putney (Teaching Artist/Actor)
- Samantha Kaufman (Movement Director/Actor)
- Noel Koontz (English Teacher, Academy of Science and Entrepreneurship)
- Dr. Gustave Weltsek (Theatre Education professor, Indiana University)
Facilitated by Kate Galvin, Artistic Director, and Jim Morrison, Education Outreach Coordinator.
- Participants who complete the workshop will receive a resource packet which includes lesson plans/activity instructions.
- All participants are eligible for 1.5 Professional Growth Points.
- This is an interactive workshop and all attendees will need a computer with a camera and microphone to participate fully.
Supported in part by the Innovation & Exploration Fund, a program of the National Alliance for Musical Theatre.