Sensory Friendly Performances
SENSORY FRIENDLY PERFORMANCES
New this season, Cardinal Stage is introducing Sensory Friendly programming into its Cardinal for Kids Series! Cardinal for Kids Sensory-friendly performances are designed to create a theater experience that is welcoming to all families with children with autism or other sensory sensitivities.
Accommodations for these performances include:
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds
- Lights remain on at a low level in the theater during the performance
- Elimination of any strobe or flashing light sequences
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
- More space in theater seating area for standing and movement
- Fidgets and noise cancelling headphones welcome
- Resource materials available online and at performances, so families know what to expect at the theater and during the show
PAST PERFORMANCE: CHARLOTTE’S WEB
Sunday, November 3, 2019 at 4:00 PM
Check out these examples of our Sensory Friendly Performance guides and resources from our 2019 production of Charlotte’s Web. Similar materials for The Stinky Cheese Man are coming soon!