Sensory Friendly Performances
SENSORY FRIENDLY PERFORMANCES
New this season, Cardinal Stage is introducing Sensory Friendly programming into its Cardinal for Kids Series! Cardinal for Kids Sensory-friendly performances are designed to create a theater experience that is welcoming to all families with children with autism or other sensory sensitivities.
Accommodations for these performances include:
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds
- Lights remain on at a low level in the theater during the performance
- Elimination of any strobe or flashing light sequences
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
- More space in theater seating area for standing and movement
- Fidgets and noise cancelling headphones welcome
- Resource materials available online and at performances, so families know what to expect at the theater and during the show
THE STINKY CHEESE MAN
Production cancelled due to the current outbreak of COVID-19.
PAST PERFORMANCE: CHARLOTTE’S WEB
Sunday, November 3, 2019 at 4:00 PM
Check out these examples of our Sensory Friendly Performance guides and resources from our 2019 production of Charlotte’s Web. Similar materials for The Stinky Cheese Man are coming soon!