Play What You Will
PLAY WHAT YOU WILL
To welcome you back to the theatre, this season Cardinal Stage is empowering you to choose your price and “Play What You Will” for single tickets to all of our performances!
Yes, you heard that right – YOU get to determine the price of your ticket! We want to make sure that anyone in our community can enjoy the magic of live theatre, so we’re counting on you to let us know what’s right for you. If you can afford to, please consider paying it forward to help us continue to deliver high quality programming to the Bloomington community.
To reserve tickets, visit our online box office or call Cardinal Stage at (812) 336-9300 and choose your ticket price from our range of options. There is a $2 per ticket convenience fee on all orders. Online orders are limited to four tickets. If you would like to reserve five or more tickets, please call the Cardinal Stage Box Office (M-F 12-5pm) at (812) 336-9300.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
- What IS Play What You Will?
- Play What You Will is just what it sounds like: you get to choose the price of your ticket. Choose from our list of pricing options and select the price that works best for you. Whether that’s $1 or $75, we just want to see you back in the theatre!
- When can I Play What I Will?
- During the 21/22 season exclusively, Play What You Will is available for every show, for everyone. Single tickets will be on sale to the general public no later than one month prior to each production. Note: Play What You Will pricing does not apply to special events and fundraisers, like our annual screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- How can I book tickets?
- Tickets can only be booked online or over the phone. To reserve tickets online, visit cardinalstage.org. To order via phone, call the Cardinal Stage Box Office Monday-Friday, 12-5pm at (812) 336-9300.
- Are you selling walk up tickets at the door?
- The only way to guarantee a seat at one of our performances is by booking your tickets ahead of time. If a performance is not sold out, the remaining tickets will be available for sale at the theatre one hour before show time.
- Is there a fee when booking tickets?
- Yes. Tickets can be purchased at a variety of rates (from $0 – $100), but all orders include a $2 per ticket convenience fee.
- Are there still discounts for children, students, and those under 35?
- Now that patrons have the opportunity to select their own ticket prices, there is no need for reduced price or discounted ticketing.
- So, how much should I pay?
- This is entirely up to you! The average ticket price for live theatre in Bloomington is around $30, but do not feel obligated to pay this much. However, if you can afford more, please consider paying more to help us continue to deliver high quality programming to our audiences.
- Pricing Options: Because of the way our ticketing system works, you cannot input a specific price. Instead, select from our range of ticket price options: $0, $5, $10, $15, $20, $25, $30, $35, $40, $45, $55, $65, $75.
- How many tickets can I reserve?
- When booking tickets online, you can order a maximum of four tickets. If you would like to reserve five or more, please call the Cardinal Stage Box Office at (812) 336-9300 M-F 12-5pm. Tickets must be booked at least two hours before the show (or 24 hours in advance for Every Brilliant Thing).
- What if I’ve only got, like, a few dollars?
- That’s totally okay! We are happy to welcome everyone, regardless of their selected ticket price.
- Can I decide what to pay after I see the show?
- You have to pay something to reserve a ticket, but we will be accepting donations after the show if you enjoyed your experience and want to show some additional support.
- To see a full list of Ticket Sales Policies, click here.