Cardinal & Themester
Cardinal Stage often partners with Indiana University’s College of Arts and Sciences’ Themester program to offer thematic programming appropriate for general and high school audiences.
Previous collaborations include:
- The Great Gatsby – Themester 2019: Remembering & Forgetting
- Frankenstein – Themester 2017: Diversity, Difference, and Otherness
- The Merchant of Venice – Themester 2016: Beauty
- Of Mice and Men – Themester 2015: @Work: The Nature of Labor on a Changing Planet
- The Birthday Feast – Themester 2014: Eat, Drink, Think: Food from Art to Science
- Lord of the Flies – Themester 2013: Connectedness: Networks in a Complex World
- To Kill A Mockingbird – Themester 2012: Good Behavior, Bad Behavior
- All My Sons – Themester 2011: Making War, Making Peace
- The Grapes of Wrath – Themester 2010: Sustain*ability
- Inherit the Wind – Themester 2009: Evolution, Diversity, Change
For each production, we host talkbacks with artists and experts in each field. Programming has featured special collaborations with The Monroe County History Center, the Stone Age Institiute, The Monroe County Public Library, WonderLab Museum of Science, Health, and Technology, the Eskenazi Museum of Art at Indiana University, and faculty from various departments at Indiana University.
Themester productions feature student matinee performances. Teachers interested in bringing students to any student matinee performance can contact Audience Services Manager Zachary Taylor at [email protected] or 812.336.7110.