National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
Available 24 hours. Languages: English, Spanish.
(812) 336-3570 | P.O. Box 11, Bloomington, IN 47402
(812) 333-1555 | 1201 W. 3rd, Bloomington, IN 47404
Hours: Monday-Thursday 9am-4pm
Bloomington Center for Women’s Ministries provides peer counseling at no cost, support groups, Bible studies, prayer groups and educational opportunities in a non-judgmental atmosphere to women within the community.
Offer support groups for alcohol abuse and sexual abuse, 1 on 1 counseling, seminars, and conferences.
812) 332-1262 | 803 N Monroe St, Bloomington, IN 47404
Catholic Charities Bloomington Counseling Services strives to remove barriers to quality mental health care by providing services on a sliding fee scale to provide counseling to all – including those living in poverty. 77% of those we serve need assistance paying for their healing. Our services include:
- Individual, couple and family counseling for all ages, including Theraplay, play therapy and EMDR (eye movement desensitization reprocessing)
- Stress management
- Parent education
- Most insurance accepted
- Spanish speaking counseling services
Catholic Charities is located at 803 N. Monroe St. Bloomington. Visit our website at www.ccbin.org or find us on Facebook at Cahtolic Charities Bloomington.
(812) 856-8302 | 201 N. Rose Avenue #1, Bloomington, IN 47405
Hours: Monday-Thursday 12-8pm, Friday 12-5 pm
The Center for Human Growth Counseling Clinic provides support for mild to moderate mental health issues. Our caring staff and graduate students training to be counselors are here to listen and support you. As a client, you’ll receive support from our student counselors, supervised by a licensed faculty member.
Counseling for individuals, couples, children, and families for a variety of problems during the school year and on a limited basis in the summer. $10 per session. Open to the public
Centerstone Is A Not-For-Profit Health System That Provides Mental Health Treatment.
- 645 S. Rogers, Bloomington (Monroe Co.) | (812) 339-1691
- 35 Bob Babbs Dr, Spencer (Owen Co.) | (877) 467-3123
- 1315 Hillcrest, Bedford (Lawrence Co.) | (877) 467-3123
- 952 S. Main Street Martinsville (Morgan Co.) | (877) 467-3123
- 11370 N. State Road 67, Mooresville (Morgan Co.) | (877) 467-3123
Provides crisis intervention for individual and family emotional/life situation crises and outpatient services for depression, stress, phobia and anxiety problems. Adjusted fee available, serves all ages.
24-hour crisis line for suicide or emergency calls: (800) 832-5442
(317) 880-0000 | 720 Eskenazi Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46202
Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center, Indiana’s first community mental health center, provides comprehensive care for all types of emotional and behavioral problems, including severe mental illness and substance abuse. Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center offers both inpatient and outpatient services in multiple locations throughout the city.
(812) 335-1926 | 1180 S. Liberty Drive, Bloomington, IN 47403
Family Solutions is a private, not-for-profit, community-based agency developed to provide counseling and supportive services to children and families who are at risk for experiencing out-of-home placement or have had children removed from the home. It is our belief that children should grow up with their families.
(812) 829-0037| 909 W. Hillside Ave, Spencer, IN 47460
Hamilton Center, Inc. is a not-for-profit regional behavioral health system serving central and west central Indiana. Through a broad array of behavioral health services for adults, children, adolescents, and families our mission is to provide quality behavioral healthcare, wellness and human development services to our community.
Offers individual treatment, family therapy, group therapy, couples counseling and home visits.
Assists with depression, anxiety, substance abuse, stress, parenting, family/relationship difficulties and divorce issues.
(812) 333-4001 | 811 W. 2nd St. Bloomington, IN 47403
HealthNet is a not-for-profit corporation providing primary care health services to the medically underserved. Having recently merged with the Volunteers in Medicine Clinic, HealthNet offers psychological counseling and behavioral and mental health services.
(812) 479-1856 | Bloomington, IN
Community Partners for Child Safety is a voluntary, free service to help parents and children. The main goal of Community Partners for Child Safety is to keep children safe from abuse and neglect and to provide support for the families. Parenting can be a struggle and at times assistance is needed. Community Partners for Child Safety can be that assistance through difficult times.
Provides home-based casework and juvenile mentoring, pre- and post-placement adoption services, intensive family reunification and preservation.
(812) 353-9818 | 1155 W 3rd St, Bloomington, IN 47404
IU Health provides comfort to patients during the final stages of life. We are committed to providing personalized service and a coordinated plan of care to help terminally ill patients retain control and quality of life during their remaining days.
- IU Health Bloomington Hospice also offers:
Adult bereavement support groups held winter, spring, and fall months—free and open to anyone in the community
- Healing Hearts, a free children’s grief group available 3 times a year
- Free library of grief-related books available to the community
- Grief counseling and referral sources for individual counseling available based on individual situation and needs
(812) 353-3450 | 727 W. 2nd Street, Bloomington, IN 47403
IU Health Bloomington Hospital offers outpatient services and inpatient services, including acute inpatient hospitalization.
Outpatient treatment preserves family routine and eliminates the disruption associated with hospitalization. IU Health Bloomington Hospital offers the following outpatient services in Bloomington, Indiana:
- Psychiatric consultation and medicine evaluation
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Individual psychotherapy and psychoeducational groups
- Medical and psychosocial evaluation
- Medical management Individual, group and family therapy
(812) 855-4011 | 600 North Jordan Avenue, Bloomington, IN 47405
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Available to IU students, their spouses and dependents 12 or older. The IU Health Center offers:
- Psychological services
- Group counseling
- Sexual Assault Crisis Services
- Evidentiary exams for rape victims
- STD testing and information
- Health & wellness information
Mental Health Crisis Line: 812-855-5711, option 1
(812) 331-8000 | 3600 N Prow Road, Bloomington, IN 47404
Bloomington Meadows Hospital is dedicated to helping patients restore their health and get a fresh start. We provide each patient with comprehensive behavior and mental health counseling programs from a compassionate and caring staff.
Provide residential treatment programs for children and adolescents, ages 9-18 with long-standing behavioral health problems. Also offers Partial Hospitalization programs for adults and children.
If you need immediate help or support, call our confidential 24/7 Help & Crisis Line, Linea de Ayuda: (812) 336-0846
Since 1971, Middle Way House has been providing services to people in crisis. Today, we provide supportive and empowering services for survivors of domestic abuse, sexual violence, stalking and human trafficking.
- Emergency shelter
- Confidential 24/7 help & crisis line
- On-scene advocacy
- Transitional and permanent housing solutions
- Legal advocacy
- Support groups
- Personal advocacy
- Childcare and youth programs
- Educational and prevention programs
Middle Way House serves six counties in southern Indiana and relies on a staff of 70 and a volunteer force of 300+ to provide services. It is not necessary that an individual reside in our emergency shelter or transitional housing program to access most of our services.
Domestic violence, sexual violence, and human trafficking affect individuals in every community.
We believe, support, and affirm the identities of ALL survivors.
Connect with us on Instagram & Twitter, @MiddleWayHouse
Midwest Counseling Center
(812) 334-1131 | 4307 E. 3rd St., Bloomington, IN 47401
Midwest Counseling Center is a medical group practice located in Bloomington, IN that specializes in Social Work.
Offers counseling to individuals, couples, families and groups. Specializes in treating adult survivors of rape, incest, and physical, emotional, and sexual abuse.
Services are also offered in areas of depression and anxiety, addiction, codependency, eating disorders, and other living problems. Accepts Medicare and private insurance.
(812) 333-6324 | 550 South Adams Street Bloomington, IN 47403
Milestones Clinical and Health Resources is a certified, outpatient mental health clinic offering a wide range of support. We provide a unique combination of behavior and therapeutic approaches to address mental health needs and provide personal care for each of our clients.
Services include psychiatric evaluation and mental health assessments; medication management; individual, group, and family therapy; parent support and education; behavior management (for adults, children, and teens)
NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI advocates for access to services, treatment, support and research and is steadfast in its commitment to raising awareness and building a community of hope for all those in need.
NAMI Greater Bloomington Area (GBA) is the local affiliate of NAMI, providing support and furthering NAMI’s mission in the Bloomington area. It currently offers virtual Family Support Group meetings the first and third Monday of the month from 5:45pm to 7:00pm. For more information please visit the website: namigreaterbloomingtonarea.org or contact via email: [email protected].
NAMI’s National Information Helpline: (800) 950-NAMI
Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 812-855-8900
The Sexual Assault Crisis Service (SACS) team is a special part of CAPS, staffed by counselors who specialize in working with those who have experienced sexual violence. For members of the IU community, all of our services are free, and include:
- Crisis consultation
- Individual and group counseling
- Assistance with referrals for medical care, including (but not limited to) coordinating an examination by a trained sexual assault nurse examiner (SANE)
(812) 333-8474 | 482 S Landmark Ave, Bloomington IN, 47403
Spencer Psychology offers counseling & assessment services. Our highly skilled therapists provide counseling and assessment services for children, adolescents, students, adults, and couples. We treat a variety of mental health issues, including depression, anxiety, stress, OCD, and trauma.
Accepts insurance including HIP, Medicare Federal, and other commercial insurances
(812) 332-7331 | 1531 S. Curry Pike Suite 300, Bloomington, IN 47403
Vocational Rehabilitation Services provides individualized services to enhance and support people with disabilities to prepare for, obtain or retain employment.
Serves residents of Monroe, Morgan, Lawrence, and Owen counties who have a proven disability which interferes in preparing for and engaging in gainful employment. Free. A WorkOne partner.
(812) 349-2506 | 615 S. Adams, Bloomington, IN 47403
The mission of the Youth Services Bureau of Monroe County is to support youth and families through advocacy, education, collaboration, and fostering community connections.
Offers short-term counseling and shelter for homeless or runaway youths in the shelter, or for problem youth and their families. Serves youth ages 8-17.