Cardinal Stage is seeking Production Staff and Technicians in all production/technical theater fields for their current season. Technicians will work closely with Cardinal’s Production Manager and Technical Director in carpentry, painting, lighting, and wardrobe for productions.
The ideal candidates will have strong communication skills, ability to work quickly and have a positive attitude. Local applicants from the Bloomington/Indianapolis area or South-Central Indiana preferred, as housing for guest artists is limited. Click here to view this season’s production schedule.
Seeking Production Staff/Assistants/Technicians in the following areas:
- Carpenters (hourly)
- Electricians (hourly)
- Scenic Charges/Painters (hourly)
- Stitchers / Dressers (hourly/project-based)
- Stage Hands (hourly/project-based)
- Stage Management (project-based)
- Master Electricians (project-based)
- Production interns (hourly/credit)
For more information or to apply for the above positions, please email Corey Hollinger, Production Manager ([email protected]). Applicants may consider submitting any one (or more) of the following: a cover letter/letter of interest, resume, website, portfolio, personal profile, and/or video. Please include up-to-date contact information and references.
Covid Compliance Officers
Cardinal Stage will be hiring Covid Compliance Officers for each production this season. This is a dedicated position on the team of each show, charged with overseeing Covid-related health and safety protocols during production. Public health interest/experience is beneficial but not necessary, as all CCO’s will be required to go through an online training program when they are hired (paid for by Cardinal). The CCO will work with a consulting physician and the senior staff to build Safety Guidelines for their production, taking into account the particular circumstances of the show.
The CCO will be responsible for the following:
- Creation and execution of the production Covid Health & Safety Plan, including protocols for a positive test within the company
- Tracking of all daily temperature/symptom checks for artists
- Tracking of all testing for artists
- Advising creative team and crew on best practices to protect artists
- Advising Production Manager on best practices for load-in/load-out and tech
The CCO will need to be available for the duration of their production. Dates for the upcoming shows are below. Please contact Kate Galvin, Artistic Director ([email protected]) for more details and to apply for one of these positions.
- The Mountaintop – February 8, 2022 – March 20, 2022
- Ada and The Engine – March 8, 2022 – April 17, 2022
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch – May 17, 2022 – June 27, 2022
As Cardinal prepares for the remainder of its 21-22 Season, Artistic Director Kate Galvin and Production Manager Corey Hollinger are seeking to recruit new and diverse talent – directors, choreographers, musical directors, designers, and craftspeople. Creative team job openings for the 21-22 Season are listed HERE.