Cardinal Stage is seeking an Administrative Intern with a strong interest in Audience Services and Audience Development. Ideal candidates will have excellent customer service skills, problem-solving ability and should be able to serve as a mature, courteous representative of the organization to the public. While this Intern will work primarily for the theatre’s Audience Services Manager, he/she will also have the opportunity to work in other departments throughout the duration of the internship to round out his/her administrative skills and experience.
Box Office Administration
- Serve patrons over the phone and in person for tickets and other general questions
- Provide knowledge of all current Cardinal Stage shows
- Provide a high and professional standard of customer service
- Guide patrons to good seats and utilize the seating charts
- Learn the Ovationtix customer relationship and ticket sales program
Assistance with the coordination of special events
- Provide assistance with special events as needed, including staffing events and assisting with the recruitment and management of event volunteers
Assistance with Group Sales and Playbill Ad Sales
- Support Audience Services Manager in the contacting of potential group sales customers, including area organizations
- Negotiate reduced ticket prices for approved groups
- Assist with the management of sales including discounting of prices, seat holds, ticket printing and delivery
- Assist the Audience Services Manager in the coordination and execution of Cardinal’s playbill ad sales campaign
Off-site Box Office Administration and Management
- Assist in the recruitment, management, and orientation of front of house volunteers including concessions sales and ushers
- Serve as the Front of House manager for certain performances at the Ivy Tech Waldron Auditorium (requires availability on certain weeknights and weekends)
- Oversee patron experience at Waldron shows
- Assist in organization of lobby for will call and organize promotional materials, concessions, etc.
- Manage and problem solve any patron complaints during the shows and report to Cardinal staff in show report
Various Development, Marketing, Audience Services Responsibilities
- Assist the Managing Director, Audience Services Manager, and Marketing Director when appropriate
- Assist in the execution of marketing communications to patrons
- Assist with the coordination of other special events as needed
- Various Development tasks as assigned by the Managing or Artistic Directors, which could include gift processing and creation of acknowledgments and other individual stewardship activities
This is an unpaid internship experience. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Gabe Gloden, Managing Director, at email@example.com
Part-Time Over Hire Positions
Cardinal Stage is looking to add workers to our part-time over hire pool! This is paid part-time work that works closely with Cardinal’s Production Manager and Technical Director in areas such as carpentry, painting, and lighting.
Interested participants are required to:
- Be good with their hands
- Have basic tool skills
- Be able to lift and carry 20- 25bs
- Be comfortable working on ladders
- Be able to crouch, kneel, or stoop for short periods of time
Prior theatrical knowledge is desired, but not necessary – if you are handy in any way we can show you what to do.
Typical hours during the set building period are Monday-Friday between 9am- 5pm, with occasional evening and weekend hours during load-in and load-out, or by prior arrangement. Positions are paid hourly based on skills at a rate between $8-$15 per hour. Other benefits include invitations to preview performances and complimentary tickets to shows.
To apply, please contact Joel Magill, Production Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cardinal Stage, located in Bloomington, IN, is seeking Production Assistants and Technicians in all production/technical theater fields for their upcoming season. PAs and technicians will work closely with Cardinal’s Production Manager and Technical Director in carpentry, painting, lighting, and wardrobe for productions. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, ability to work quickly and have a positive attitude. Local applicants to the Bloomington/Indianapolis area preferred.
Seeking Production Assistants/Technicians in the following areas:
- Master Electricians
- Scenic Charges
- Stage Hands
- Wig Styling/Maintenance
Internships and part-time paid positions are both available.
Shows left in our 2018-2019 season:
The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley | May 10 – 26
Cardinal Stage’s mission is to advance professional theatre in Bloomington. We aim to cultivate a lifelong passion for the stage by offering diverse, high-quality productions in tandem with outreach and educational initiatives that contribute to the cultural and economic vibrancy of South-Central Indiana.
If you would like further information about any positions; questions and resumes with references can be directed to email@example.com.